View Single Post
Old Posted: 28-02-2010 , 05:36 PM #3
Merienne

Default Reuse

You might not have any way of reusing them yourself, but I thought I'd share what I do, just in case I inspire someone.

I never throw away old worn sheets, but wash them in 90 degrees and cut them up for cleaning rags. Great for drying windows, mirrors and stuff. This only really works for 100% cotton though, easycare polycotton wouldn't do for that. (I do this with old socks too- they are great for cleaning shoes.)

*Use them as covers on pet beds.
*Use as protection around furniture in storage or in the back of the car if you are transporting something dirty.
*Cover furniture with them when you are painting.
*Old duvet covers are good for taking to the beach instead of blankets- they don't absorb as much sand as a fluffy blanket does.
Having a few old, clean sheets lying around for anything that needs protecting is always handy- I always find I need more than I have.
*If a duvet cover is in mostly good condition, but ripped or worn in some parts- sew pillowcases from it.

For old clothes- do you know anyone who likes to weave? Where i come from people weave mats from old cut-up clothes. Rustic and personal.

If the things are just to worn or manky for this, go for the previous posters suggestion- recycling centre.
Merienne is offline   Reply With Quote