Thread: Just an idea!!!
View Single Post
Old Posted: 03-08-2007 , 12:18 PM #18
acket

Default courtesy

A man may smile and smile and be a villain. Courtesy in a post is also no guarantee that a person is so called deserving, the stories people tell in order to try to win the hearts of givers at times. Impossible to tell what a person is like from a single reply to a item. You may build up a picture over time but could also be completely off the mark. I think the point here is really the recycling not the recyclee, would it make a difference if the taker was in prison or a multibillionaire (apart from the iron bars) how would you know, no one hands in there cv when taking.

For the smooth operation of the site and clear feedback it would help if people consistently used the forum to indicate their interest before pm-ing and also if givers would update the status.
For the most part I have found the vast majority of people on here are pretty decent and some willing to go way beyond the call of duty to help others.
But some Takers are no angels
A common complaint from givers is of "being tired of being messed around"
I have experience of it myself, people dont show and never say why, despite all the arrangements made.
On the flip side, I think it undermines the workings of the site when givers post phone numbers or addresses. This means despite proper arrangements made anyone can turn up and take an item. I have had this happen twice.
But relatively speaking these have been a trivial annoyance compared to the very significant benefits I have enjoyed and the good will received from members of Jumbletown :) :) :) Keep up the brilliant work
acket is offline   Reply With Quote