View Single Post
Old Posted: 15-08-2007 , 02:24 PM #1
lemon meringue pie

Default Feel bad taking something for nothing?

I love Jumbletown, great idea, I've been a receiver and a Giver for some time now. One of my first Givings, was a load of books, publishers overstock, people came from miles, the furthest was Loughrea to Dublin! One of those takers, took a few books and in return gave me a few Lotto scratchcards, I was delighted, didn't win anything but it was a lovely gesture and certainly helped ease any awkward or nervous tension there may have been in the process. Only this morning, a lady came to take something from me and said it felt wrong taking something for nothing. Ok, it's defeating the concept of Jumbletown, giving for free, but just something I thought I'd mention..

Ever since the scratchcards, whenever I take from a Giver, I always bring a wee thank you, be it a bag o sweets or choccies, or an unwanted bottle of wine (there you go - recycling!) just something small. The Giver is usually just happy enough to get shut of their item but to get a wee box o chocs as well, seems to make their day and mine too.
Attached Images

lemon meringue pie is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links