View Single Post
Old Posted: 20-12-2010 , 10:45 PM #1
palminnie1

Default Insulation Grants: property i loved got bad reviews

saw the surveryor and the builder to see a small dormer bungalow i had hoped to live in,
i am very disabled and it was found to be good from a disbility point of view assessed by Occupational therapist.
the builder said there would be about E800 to put in 9in insulation of the small kitchen extension to avoid the black mold.
they told me the rest of house looked in very good shape.
the wiring may need to be done, about E5,000 they rekon.
the surveyor just slapped walls and said, no insulation in this cost a fortune, but he failed to see most of the windows were double glazed, and no dampness anywhere bar that small kitchen extension corners.]
oh it only had storage heaters, i would have liked radiators.
i was so hopeful as my twin would have been across the street in a house,
surely some voluntary organisation can help out on insulation and snap it up to modern look, it doesnt have to be palatial, the wallpapers etc were appalling but i do have good taste.
very upset.
if in so bad nick if it lowered cost of the house, surely i can then put extra into the rememdy.
any views on expense etc on these sort of areas, and how much you trust these guys with their evaluations.
i am very alone in the world so wouldnt have great swathe of people either to engage or help in doing adaptions.
p
oh it has a great big garden which was fantastic
palminnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links