View Single Post
Old Posted: 07-03-2011 , 03:50 PM #60
kieran360

Default Thesis

Hi People,
Very interesting thread here. Its great to see such an interest in Wind power and renewable resources. Its the way forward, depending on ever price increasing fossil fuels should be a thing of the past by now. once oil runs out it can never be made again. it really is black gold and it will increase in price to an absolute crazy price not too far from now.

Any way, I came across this thread while googling wind turbines. I am researching for a thesis in college here in Waterford Institute of Technology for Architecture Technology. Im proposing for the thesis that it is would be worth while installing a medium to large wind turbine in a ghost estate in the west of Ireland. All the houses in the estate would get Electricity off the wind turbine. As ESB dont allow more than one meter per wind turbine, i propose that the wind turbine is owned by a private small size co-op and meters are provided by this co-op. House owners pay this co -op. If the savings in Electricity was high then i think this would add both value to the house and make them more salable in this economic downturn.

I'd really appreciate if any one could help me with this research if they knew anything about this topic, Any useful website or other information.

Regards,

Kieran
kieran360 is offline   Reply With Quote