Thread: wanted section
View Single Post
Old Posted: 15-01-2008 , 12:17 AM #4
bluecurlygirl

Default Ditto

I always check the wanted section at some stage during my visit. If I have something to offer I'll contact the individual but if I see something elsewhere I notify the poster too. I have never had anyone mail me back with two very simple words "thank you". I'm sure I sound like an old biddy here but I'm only 37 and my mam, god rest her soul, taught me to have manners. It's not a huge weight to carry. I have posted on the wanted section before and have had notifications from other jumbletowners pointing me in the direction of what I was after. Whether it was any good to me or not I have ALWAYS mailed them to say thank you for their help and concern. I don't think too many people read the wanted items and maybe it would be an idea for admin to place a banner reminding people to read that section if they're looking to get rid of stuff. Or if someone is posting stuff to offer maybe a pop up box saying something like "have you checked the wanted section yet? maybe someone is desperately looking for this right now!" I don't think that would be so hard to do.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote