Thread: heating houses
View Single Post
Old Posted: 10-01-2010 , 09:20 PM #41
tash6987

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep-it-tidy
nice handy tips there for the curtains on the doors and the snakes will be trying that, im living in a 3 bed semi a fairly large one and the cost of heating it is so exspensive 500ltrs of kerosene would be gone in 1 and a half to 2 months and the min ya turn it off its freezing! thank god im moving to a smaller place. my dad has been ranting and raving about that ber rating i tought he was mad but reading it here and seening what it was im shocked and delighted. thank god if you knew how well insulated a house was before you bought or renting would be nice to know your not wasting money on heat escaping.

I know what you mean about knowing whether the house is insulated or not and how well before buying/renting it!! I've rented this place for 2 years now, its 300 years old,theres no insulation in the loft and the gaps in the front and back doors are unreal, and for the two years i've been here the landlords said the insulation and the doors would be done and still nothing!! so consequently in the recent weather, I have quilts nailed to the wail covering the doors,highly annoying to get in and out but works a treat and stops the drafts!
tash6987 is offline   Reply With Quote