View Single Post
Old Posted: 17-04-2010 , 04:35 PM #8
mondubics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormal
I've read that WD40 works....never tried it though I usually do what you did scrape as much as poss off, rub at it with my finger or wearing gloves and if that doesn't get it all attack it with brasso ( as it got the sticky stuff off the windows from the stickers) or you could try a good nail varnish remover.

I wonder if a baking soda paste would work... you've got me wondering now or even something as simple as a pencil eraser the white ones?
While WD40 might work, there was an email circulating a few months ago, claiming it would do things like cleaning glass shower doors and windows - it doesn't it just smears the mess.
I used the sticky stuff remover (its a spray) and yes it does work on labels, but plain cheaper white spirit does the same job.

If you get one of those blades for cleaning ceramic hobs, that might do it, with some elbow grease.
They come with a holder/handle that keeps the (ordinary) blade at the right angle so as not to scratch the surface. Can also be used to get paint of windows very successfully.
mondubics is offline   Reply With Quote