View Single Post
Old Posted: 18-10-2009 , 09:42 PM #3
Zoomdog

you know minnie this is one of those plans that I had and just have not had time to finish just yet..

so to your questions..
for the water feature .. I presume it is a ready made item .. that all you have to do is plug in and off it goes..

first thing to get is electrical cable you can trust .. lidl/aldi .. often do an external socket unit that you could use.. alternatively I would recommend you hop into your nearest electrical wholesale provider .. look for a wiring that is suitable for outdoor usage.. if possible run the cable through water piping (if cars travel over this area surround in sand) as this will provide extra protection and do bury it
as you have the hole in your masonry .. all you will need to do is feed the cable in and have it on a timer.

as for the plants .. well She who one must obey .. constantly informs me that I am not allowed to buy/acquire any more plants for my project until I get it finished ..
there are plenty of sites out there and dont forget your local library as there will be readers digest how tos and gardening books there for research ..

as you bought the pump separate .. you need to be aware of the output of this pump and will it be too powerful for your fountain ..only testing your unit will tell this ..

remember it is a simple process of taking the water from one area and forcing it to another .. and repeating this over and over..

best of luck on this project.. do remember nothing ventured nothing gained..

again .. once you have it working and in position you can then think about your plants and planters .. dont put the horse before the cart.. only works in Supercars..
Zoomdog is offline   Reply With Quote