View Single Post
Old Posted: 13-06-2008 , 10:31 AM #13
ozieandros

Default Why I would re use, re cycle etc than buy new

IKEA and many furniture stores follow certain lines, create fashion, ensuring that most people visit their stores to have 'Must Have'' New look household furnitures. Have you ever heard about 'Keeping up with the Joneses'? Look around you these days? I swear should I walk into another house with beech furnitures, decking and what you find in every other home ... I'll scream!

You see, being older than most you guys ... I have the firm belief that home is where the heart is. When I say heart, I mean memories, a place where we have laughed and cried sometimes at different times, other times both at once. So that my idea of home is that and the moment I open the door! I know I'm home! My own home, not a repeat of too many homes I've called upon, all looking the same!

Where did individualism go? Where did creativity go? Probably all down the drain with rain forests, polar bears soon and many other species destroyed to satisfy convenience and greed.

So Pam well done! Not only for what you do, but also doing so well and inspiring us all to become creative. We were all born creative if we forgot somewhere down the line how to work on this terrific individual gift of ours.

What you did shows a lot of great ideas as indeed much love! It takes a lot of love and dedication to turn what started up as an idea into something as beautiful as what you did!

So really! Congratulations and maybe you could start a wee class for the rest of us! As for the JT member who felt that furniture shops have to have business ... He is entitled to his opinion surely if he'll find that many of us would rather have Pam's living room than a corner leather suite (How many animals die to make them) And the 'Wood of the moment' for fashion conscious dresser, table and whatever else!

And my contribution today has to be (See pic) Something I did (No way near as good as Pam's beautiful craft) But anyway ... Recycled twigs and recycled twine ... It was for my shed. Put a pic to a couple of friends and now ... Got to make a few to send over to them in Britain and in the USA LOL. Now should I have gone to a religious shop to buy one instead?

1. I wouldn't have found a recyclable one
2. it wouldn't have been made with much love as I made mine
3. How many trees would have suffered?

Oh and my shed comes from JT. Thanks to Dandeman who let me have it. So there! I rest my case!
Attached Images

ozieandros is offline   Reply With Quote