View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-02-2010 , 12:39 AM #1
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default Shelves become a cupboard.

I had a row of switches and timers for the central heating on the kitchen wall and was on the lookout for something to cover them. A friend was getting rid of some items and I took a small set of shelves to re-purpose. First I had to remove half of the back so the switches could come through. Then I fixed it to the wall. The question now was 'where do I get doors small enough to cover the middle section?' I wandered around the house with 'that look' as my family call it, looking for inspiration. Found two picture frames that I got for free at a carboot sale. Took out the old pictures, framed a piece of my kitchen curtain in each, added piano hinge and voila..two doors. They hide the electrics and give me a little space for bits and pieces. I have been repurposing, making and doing all my life. People used to think I was mad but thanks to JT I feel like part of a big, creative family. Am working on a brass fuel box that I picked up in the recycling centre this morning. Will post before & after pics soon. Eibh.
Attached Images

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links