View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-04-2009 , 12:41 PM #8
propellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeby
Hi Propoller, I've read a couple of your threads and they are very interesting, you sound like such a handyman. Without sounding absolutely stupid, how do you clean the lens on the cd players?

Also my son has a stereo that the other lad let fall and the lid doesn't close right and so it doesn't work now. I am loath to dump it because I paid something like 135 euro for it when I bought it. Any suggestions?

By the way I think this is a fantastic thread. I am not shy about trying to fix things rather than dumping when there could be very little wrong. Well done. Kind regards.

Hi moeby, with your cd player, when you open the lid you should see a glass lens about 5-6 mm across, now this is suspended in a sort of spring loaded cradle to stop it jumping when it gets a knock so you need a light touch as its easy to put to much pressure and get the thing wedged. what you will need:- cotton buds or lint free cloth and methylated spirits or nail varnish remover.Method:- take a cotton bud and douse in meths and then in a circular motiongently rub the lens, take your time and dont be shy with the meths then take a dry bud and in the same way dry off the lens. sometimes you might have to do it a couple of times.will answer about the other stereo after I done the shoppin! hope this helps and thanks to everyone for posting

Jim
propellor is offline   Reply With Quote