Thread: car boot sales
View Single Post
Old Posted: 10-04-2008 , 01:48 PM #43
lemon meringue pie

Default Unwanted Item - Not for re-sale - How dare you make a profit from my junk!

Apparently a few givers are a bit narked that some of their stuff is taken and sold on, they've been adding 'not for resale' to their items... Well, if they're not going to do it, I don't see the problem, it's still getting rid of & recycling the recycling. Ideally, any item you 'took' here from Jumbletown, you would need and therefore would not be selling it on anyway, however, I have foolishly been a taker of more unnecessary clutter to add to my unending pile, eventually seeing the light & either jumbling, dumping or selling it on myself. I know that some of the stuff, I have given away has deliberately been taken for resale at car boot, markets & even on eBay, and has in turn helped make a few quid for those poor unfortunates who had to get up at the crack of dawn to do so or even better some of my 'crap' has been sold on to benefit charity. Fair play to ye!

Anybody who has stuff to recycle would obviously rather receive money for it, than give it away for free. If a car boot sale came up in their locality, that would make it a bit easier for them to do so. Car boot sales are another way of recycling household junk, which is what JumbleTown is all about. And if you can make a few quid from it, rather than giving it away, why not?

I've done a car boot sale every year for the past three years. The first year I made a killing and took in over €650, I was delighted. However the last two years, have kinda put me off too - the getting up at crack of dawn thing and struggling to cover your fuel, table and lunch expenses, putting up with narky customers etc.! I made €120 at the next and nearly €40 at the last, (Note to self; must get a better quality of clutter!)
Usually the stuff I get rid of on jumbletown is the same gear that won't sell elsewhere.That's why it became easier to just get shut of it here and forego any potential profit. Just gotta be a bit more strict in the amount of jumble I take home in future.
Nearly 5000 views to this thread so far - definitely of interest to JumbleTowners (clutter recyclers). Keep it coming with your car boot information.

Unwanted item: The crack of dawn..."not for re-sale" - but for everybody , for free...
Attached Images