View Single Post
Old Posted: 12-08-2008 , 04:26 PM #1
Mickey

Default Need help with a cushion project

Area: Wicklow Town County: Wicklow Status: Available
Hi,

I jus got a fabulous farm style dining table and 6 chairs from a Jt'er and another 6 gorgeous chunky wooden chairs from another kind JT'er. They all go perfectly with the wooden floors and the large rooms.

Thing is, I need to make cushion pads for 12 chairs. I am using an old duvet for the stuffing because I want them to be good and thick and comfy (for those long sessions around the table drinking copious amounts of tea well into the night while dicussing politics and religion and raising children (and other equally non-controversial topics)) ...

But I need some fabric (preferably matching or at least complimentary/good contrast) so that I can make generous, big-bum sized pads with double seams and good, long, wide ties.

Any help (with patterns and/or fabric) will be very much appreciated. :o)

I have NEVER sewn a stitch in my life (so I don't really know what's gotten into me) and am still plucking up the courage to use some lovely fabric I got from colmsmum for a long skinny skirt for the new skinny me. So I need to start off with something plain and easy. Also this will all have to be done by hand as I've no sewing machine.

So, to cut a long story longer, I need advice and maybe a pattern and some remnants that will go together really well. Even if I had enough for there to be only one cushion of each colour that should be great.

So, please, HEEEELLLLPPPP.
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links