View Single Post
Old Posted: 12-08-2008 , 06:17 PM #10
Mickey

GENIUS..ES..ES..ES..ES

The idea is growing as I read your posts - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the ideas guys! How does this sound?

Cut out the shape of the pad from the king sized duvet (should be enough for 12) and glue and staple them together so the bits don't fall out. Find fabric. Cut out fabric and fold in to neaten edges then glue them down. I will cut the ironing to a minimum (when we introduce ourselves it's 'hi, I'm Gordon Irons, Michelle doesn't...)

Take hole punch (of which we have one in the shed - hubby having said 'what on God's green earth do you ever think we'll ever need one of those for?... HA!) and put those eyelets all along the edge, nicely spaced of course, then use same hole punch and put those press studs along the opening to clip closed. Then I won't have the problem of the velcro hair trap that happens here all too often :)

Then find a neutral or beautifully contrasting ribbon (a really wide one) and thread through the holes (which already hold the fabric together) and leave really long at the end as ties...

I don't think it matters what colour it is - perhaps each one different or pairs the same? My dining room and breakfast room are painted a bright sunny yellow and all the floors and furnishings and dressers and such are natural wood in varying tones, so anything bright will be a bonus :o).

Whaddya think?
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote