View Single Post
Old Posted: 15-02-2010 , 12:20 PM #186
cascais

Default tesco clubcard deals SCAM

guys/ ladies,

i am very sad to say that the above tesco clubcard deal is indeed a SCAM.
well at least this has been confirmed for their offer in conjunction with Irish Ferries.
i have been looking for tickets to go to France in march to visit my family and thought.. hey? if i can save a few more bob with this i ll give it a go !
so i ordered 13.50 in in clubcard token worth of irish ferries, i received (a week later ), 50 euro in tokens, until there no problem.
the problem arises when you book it....
the tesco website and the offer tells you to enter tescoie on the promotion code area of the search. As soon as you do, the prices are hicked up !
here is my true exemple.
booking rosslare to cherbourg and cherbourg to rosslare 2 weeks starting end of march , price with vouchers around 480 or something like that ( can t remember exact price..(bear in mind 50 euro reduction) so total price 420
without any vouchers including 2 cabins ( one way in one way out) price 366 euro ! ( cheaper than the plane by the way)
it speaks by itself, you get a voucher of 50, but they rip you off by another 50, so really no benefit whatsoever...
in case you wonder if you decide to call to book, you are charged an extra 15 euro more as well.

just thought it was worth mentionning, trying to inform as many people as i can ..
hope that helps
cascais