View Single Post
Old Posted: 06-01-2009 , 03:05 PM #30
cascais

Default dicounts , tips, and samples

betsy the website are great, great work,
i also done the tesco money back thing, i was charged 4 times the price for a bear in a big blue house dvd so i got the money back and the dvd for free...

in reply to gillo,
i don t really tip 20c, if the bill is 29.80, i ll leave 30, that is what i mean by it. (i think that equals to no tip)
i have to say i don t really believe in tips, whay should the customer have to pay 10% more, if they want 10% they can charge me 10% more on the initial price.
people shouldn t relly in them, example for a delivery guy. this person is still getting paid ( yes the salary is porbably rubbish) but they are getting paid, why should i give them more money ? if they want more morney , they should ask for a raise!
if the service is good, i will still tip 1 euro or under, i agree this is very mean, but this is a voluntary contribution, like it or not like it.
someone always said " mind the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves..."

jennifer,
i got discounts from did electrical for sure (lucan), woodies ( lucan) the craft shop in the blanch shopping center ( can t remember the name), curry's, (arramount furniture (300 euro discount on a 799 furniture) but this one bit back, the delivery crew was rubbish and broke a good few things in the house when delivering) and some others can t remember the name. they do not like doing it and make you believe this is "exceptional", but believe me... it works wonders and happens regularly...

i often get samples too.
when this was running i got the free kitten food pack out of whiskas, for my cats too ( not kitten anymore, but heuy , it still has food in it)...

in reply to the person ( can t rember who) who sh=uggested to bring a thermos, i have tried it before, unfortunatley, even if you get up early to make your coffee in the morning ( which is extremely hard in my case) the coffee is cold by lunchtime...

hope i am not offending anyone with the tips suggestions, these are after all only my personal experience...

cascais