View Single Post
Old Posted: 14-01-2009 , 09:42 AM #1
MandyD

Default Best way to remove wax...?

Hey guys,

Halloween night, I had a couple of people over for a few drinks, and as you can imagine I had a bit of a halloween theme going on. I had tealights in the shapes of skulls on top of the TV... DISASTER!
At around midnight, my face screwed up into a look of confusion and horror..."Is the telly on fire?" I asked my friends and partner?
Sure enough...IT WAS.
The tealight had gotten so hot, that it had melted half way down into the TV and set it on fire...blowing on it only sent the candle further into the TV so my partner had to put his hand in and scoop it out, burning his fingers quite badly before he was able to throw it in the fireplace.
The fire was out, and in the aftermath of the total shock of the event, I never noticed that my floor and fireplace were covered with hot wax and bits of melted plastic....
Now I'm wondering how to get it off... my floor is wooden, so I don't really want to take a knife to it and start scraping...and the fireplace is black marble so any scratches I make on it will plainly show..
Any ideas?

On a side note.... I've never had a problem with any tealights I've burned in the house...until then. Always be careful. If not for me sitting facing the TV that night, I probably wouldn't have noticed until it was too late.

And always check your smoke alarm.

I sound like a moan...but...better safe than sorry.

Mandy
MandyD is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links