View Single Post
Old Posted: 27-01-2010 , 11:35 AM #57
dee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lislaw
I don't think this guy lives out of a skip so much. I saw a programme on C4 ( I think) about him at one stage. He lives in a caravan in a field, donated by a farmer and gathers whatever he can growing wild and cultivates crops etc.
Freegans are a whole other area altogether, ranging from those trying to make a social comment to people who do it merely to survive.
I was talking to someone about all grocery food wastage,and again through that ever popular grapevine,found out from people working in the 3 major supermarkets here, that they have their skips locked to prevent rummaging for food.On closer inspection I noticed that 1 company have a camera overlooking their skips, and that another has their skips caged.I gave up looking after that.and one girl told me where she works they dump the food if its not sold on the day it goes to the sell by date.and appently tried to have a guy done for looting from a skip,if that is true or not I do not know,But I dont think I will be doing it just to get to the truth.Not unless I get paid to go undercover...lol...
dee1 is offline   Reply With Quote