View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-02-2010 , 10:08 AM #1
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default New use for old immersion cupboard

When we were revamping the cottage the old immersion was removed and we were left with a very messy alcove beside the fireplace. Stripped everything out including the plaster. The rocks you see are what the house is built from!! Only left two side pieces that had been supporting the immersion tank. I put on a new piece of wood for a shelf, built a cupboard below this with offcuts of wood and put a recycled door from a kitchen press with lining material on the inside to hide my craft cupboard. The upper bit was more difficult as I couldnt attach anything to walls as they're made of rock. Had to buy (oh no!) two pieces of round dowel, cut into four, stood them on the worktop and attached them with screws from underneath. Cut notches in the dowels and slid off cuts of wood in between to make shelves.Added a false ceiling and inset spotlight and now I have a lovely little corner with music centre, cd's etc and craft cupboard under. Total cost was buying four dowels and losing the skin off the top of my fingers as I rendered between the rocks with my bare hands!! Oh well I live and learn. Eibh.
Attached Images

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links