View Single Post
Old Posted: 15-08-2011 , 11:08 PM #1
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default Re-used patio slabs from Leinster Road

I got these pink paving slabs from a JTown member off Leinster road (don't remember your JT name) and had a few tasks in mind to finish off bits in the garden.
* We extended the patio area at the back, creating steps up to the grass, using eighteen slabs and a piece of kerb left over from another job.
* Ten slabs finished off the steps up to the driveway. (Just need to touch up the navy paint on the front of the steps). I used some old pieces of wood to create a flower bed between paving and garden. Now all I have to do is teach the dogs to use the step instead of charging over the new plants. There was a funny triangular piece which was filled in with cement so I stuck a few seashells into it to remind me of my week at the beach this summer. Yes we did have a summer and I swam and walked on the beach and collected seashells.
*Five slabs gave me a new front door step. The original step was rough cement and it had cracked last winter in the ice. I couldn't believe the doorstep was exactly the size of four slabs across and one slab deep--how lucky was that! All we had to get cut was one slab to fill in the piece right at the door.
*One slab topped off a concrete box built around our mains water pipe (we built this and filled it with sand to help insulate the pipe from freezing in the winter).
*The rest of the slabs finished off the area around the dog pen (no photo--too messy to be seen!!)

So 40 slabs in all and every one put to good use. I am very happy with all we were able to do. Thanks a lot to the giver. Eibhlin.
Attached Images

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links