View Single Post
Old Posted: 29-11-2009 , 11:16 PM #4
Mickey

Thanks Fries :o)

I completely understand and agree with what you're saying and we only want to do the best and safest thing here. Budget is a huge constraint here and we really need to get the stove in and working because right now it is colder inside the house than it is outside (I kid you not). Not really fun when you have to choose between groceries and heat I'm afraid. But I really do wonder how we all coped before there was someone to come and make huge sighs and shake their heads and make tut-tut noises and then present us for a bill for thousands for changing a fuse or unplugging a drain.

Ideally I would like to find the ready made stuff and just pay for someone to put it all in right, but for a simple piece of straight galvanised steel pipe it costs €110/m. Does that not sound ridiculous to you?

I've added a diagram to show you what I was hoping to do (sorry it's not masterful - my AutoCad is being used by another and so I had to use Word)

It is obviously not to ANY sort of scale but it looks sort of in proportion - the walls are REALLY thick.
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote