View Single Post
Old Posted: 09-03-2009 , 09:21 AM #19
Mumof3

Wow Ireneo, you really do have talent there. As I said we went for the Queen of Heart and it didnt cost a cent. I had an old white tablecloth which I cut to size. I didnt have any red material for the hearts so we use white paper and cut out large and small hearts. We had a great afternoon painting them all, took a couple of coats to make it a deep red but it was good fun.

The next day when they were dry we sewed the paper love hearts on, bit time consuming but still good fun as my little one did some and I did some.

All in all it was great fun making it and she looked great. But alas she didnt win, although personally I thought she should have, because a boy in her class won and it was just bits of all bought costumes put together to make a new one.

This really maddened me although I said nothing to my little one but I felt that they had stated over and over that it should be hand made.

This has put me off for next year and think I will just let her wear one from her "Dress Up" drawer.

Oh by the way, I have noticed that each year, the children of the parents who are on the parents committee always win........ do that say something about our school..... I think so......
Mumof3 is offline   Reply With Quote