View Single Post
Old Posted: 23-11-2008 , 10:00 PM #1
Country Girl

Default glass cleaning for solid fuel stoves update

Can anyone help me please. We just installed a hercules stove and the glass has gone from clear to black. Is there a cleaner that I can use to get rid of the stuff that has gathered on the glass. I tried hot water, window cleaner but these didn't work. There is also a lot of tar build up on the inside of the stove. If you have any ideas please let me know. Many thanks.

Just a note to thank you all very very much for all the advice. I will give them a go. Regards County Girl

New update: Found this wonderful stuff in Tesco's its called Doktor Power, it comes in a yellow tub and I can honestly say that it is the best thing I have used so far for cleaning the glass. There is little or no elbow grease needed. It does exactly what is says on the tub. It costs about 7 euros but to me its priceless. It says on the tub that its natural ingredients, safe and non toxic so if you dont want the mess from all the other stuff I have tried give this a go. I promise you wont go back to ashes, bicarbonate of soda or all the other stuff again. DOKTOR POWER!!!!!

Update, I tried the ashes and it did a good job, tried vinegar and ashes, this wasnt too bad either, I also tried bicarbonate of soda and water (made it into a paste) this was better than the ashes (less elbow grease needed with the bicarbonate of soda that with the other two). Once again many thanks for all the advice. Country Girl
Country Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links