View Single Post
Old Posted: 02-05-2010 , 04:38 PM #1
unapam

Default Repurposed Pillowcase & Duvet Cover ...More Photos Added

A while ago Eibhlin Ni Sheambrai gave me some fabric and sewing supplies, I finally got abound to making something from them and here it is Eibhlin. I promised a before and after.
It is the first garment I have ever made and am so pleased with it.
Now all I need is a grandchild to wear it.

Thanks Eibhlin!...Unapam
UPDATE:
Delighted with the way that one turned out I had a go at making a Pillowcase Dress - a dress made from an old pillowcase. Here are the before and afters of that. It was even easier than the last one!

UPDATE: I have just made another pillowcase dress- a blue gingham one for Daisy77's little girl. She has a wanted ad for girly clothes age 3-ish. It only took half an hour to do! Will update with final pics when I have finished it. No pillowcase is safe!

Here is the link to a tutorial on Youtube with instructions to make one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtuGUB-jsH8

UPDATE: Someone suggested I make an adults dress from a duvet cover...so I did! It's a wrap around one, I found the pattern in one of my sewing books and I had some fabricleft over to make the rosettes, I added vintage buttons and a broken necklace to decorate them.

Update: The next piece was made from the lining of a presentation box a gift came in. It was way too lovely to throw out. I decided to make a large gold daffodil to be worn as a hat embellishment, or brooch or even as a fascinator headpiece. Ohhh, could also be a wrist corsage, or handbag embellishment.
Attached Images

unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links