View Single Post
Old Posted: 18-11-2008 , 10:49 AM #1
julfren

Default Digester<Green Cone>/Wormery ?

Hi
I am seriously thinking of investing in a composter (of which I know very little) or a wormery (I shudder). If I could reduce the amount of food waste sitting for long periods in the bins it might aid in reducing my bluebottle population. As we don't have a bin collection in the area, we tend to wait maybe too long before bringing food waste to landfill.

I would appreciate it if anyone who is using a composter or wormery could give me your personal experience. Or if you know anyone who has one they don't use that I could experiment with for a while and then decide whether to invest or not. I'm sure the question of food waste(particularly meat and meat proucts waste) must be a problem for a lot of people. Because many are now recycling so much the food bins aren't being emptied as often as they used to be.

My local council say that there isn't enough research done into composters yet as to their efficiency. I know they can be expensive. They are sold here in Ireland as Green Cones I think.

Any experience/advice/ anyone?

Jul
julfren is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links