View Single Post
Old Posted: 05-08-2009 , 01:11 PM #9
mrsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickTock

Some people have taken up the American hobby of scrapbooking but I am not in favour of this myself as what they do is print out a second photo and stick it on a page decorated with lovely paper, flowers, memorabilia etc. It's an expensive hobby and you actually end up with double amount of photos. I'd just prefer to be able to look at the photos which are the most important thing. Although scrapbooking works for special family events, like first day at school, weddings, special holidays, etc. Its just not for me. Or the other simpler answer - shoeboxes!!

But a scrapbook page has the story associated with the photo written up on/with the page as well. A lovely way for others who do not know the story behind the photo to relive the memories as well. I got one for a recent birthday and everyone at the party could read about my life rather than just looking at photos and not understanding the importance of the events in them. Yes, scrapbooking is not for everyone but it doesn't have to be expensive.
mrsl is offline   Reply With Quote