View Single Post
Old Posted: 05-12-2013 , 11:18 PM #1
Cherry

Default updo for jumbletown sofa.

I couldn't believe my luck when I managed to be the one to get this gorgeous sofa from a fellow jumbletowner. I loved the shape. It took me a while, I have never done upholstery before. It was a big learning curve and my fingers got shredded but it was a real labour of love, I am so happy with my new sofa.. the kids love it too as it is so much more comfortable than the previous one. I sourced very reasonably priced cord material from www.cameleontextil.com which was flawless and so soft.-ordered 26m for this and another project and it arrived in one continuos piece! ( I used about half the order on the sofa) I also managed to get my hands on multipurpose scotchguard fabric protector spray and gave the whole thing 3 good coats (just to be sure due to the kids and the dog!)
I had to buy new buttons and cover them, which was great fun, I'd gladly sit there and cover buttons all day, two of which broke as I tried to fit them - this was a happy accident as I used them to cover the nails in the arm pieces. ( i nailed the back plate to the sofa through the hole where the broken metal loop should have gone and then snapped the front on as you would normally... worked great!)

I loved the shape of the couch but it was too low for me and I felt it would benefit from taller legs, so my husband got busy in the shed and made me some legs from scrap wood which we stained and waxed, along with some trim, and fit to the couch using the original hardware.

love the way the sofa turned out.. now have my eye out for a nice shaped chair or two .. maybe a nice citrus green recover - will definitely do this again.

Thank you so much M
Attached Images

Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links