Thread: Ikea
View Single Post
Old Posted: 06-08-2009 , 12:13 AM #9
colmsmum

I was in it today for the first time, yeah it's good but I wouldn't go rushing back. It's quite a bit more expensive than the Belfast store, even after the exchange rate, but still fairly cheap for some items. I hadn't gone to buy anything in-particular, just to have a look and I got a few nice things. I already have a few accessories from the Belfast store and they're fine so I had no reservations about the quality of the stuff.

I think if you were kitting your house out for the first time or totally revamping a room it would be great but if you already have your house furnished you'll only end up buying stuff you don't need. The furniture is very contemporary/modern which doesn't suit everyone but the accessories and gadgets are quite nice and good value.

Tip: Remember to follow the arrows or you'll be completely lost! We didn't in the beginning and ended up retracing our steps and starting back at square one! Also if your planning to have lunch there be sure to have it before you shop as you can't go back in with bags/trolley after you've checked out. Alternatively you could put the bags in the car and go back but it's a hassle if your parked miles away. All in all it's just another shop, nothing gob-smacking really.
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote