View Single Post
Old Posted: 13-05-2010 , 11:21 PM #1
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default Tea-towels before & after

I bought a lot of these linen tea towels from a dump basket in a sale, really cheap, as I liked the colours. It rained most of the day today so I got busy with the sewing machine and made the following:
A cushion for a garden seat out of three t-towels. Joined them together and attached a new front to an old piece of foam my Mum threw out.

A cushion for a garden bench out of another two and a bit! I used a double layer of duvet inside this and as they are only for the garden, I didn't bother with zips. If they need washing I'll throw the whole thing in the machine!

Four cushions for sitting outside on sunny days. These were easy-just folded over a t-towel and stitched two sides, put in some filling and stitched the third side.

Some little lavender sachets. I followed Unapam's instructions for these, but not as pretty as hers--time and practice will help.LOL

I then ran out of thread :( so no more sewing, but I cut out pieces to make some more sachets and some little scented pillows, so back to the machine tomorrow after the shops open :)
Attached Images

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links