View Single Post
Old Posted: 26-08-2008 , 04:26 PM #10
benny26

Default storing Spuds

Hi all spud lovers
Seening your thought on spuds and one from another Jumble Townes to another had me thinking of the old days with my uncal

As to what to do with spuds, To help in this I have a picture as to what a spud mound looks like.

You can see in the picture that the wire is covering the mound from the birds but if you are making one you could put a sheet of builders expandal wird at the bottom of the mound to stop mise and birds from picking at it.

You can get it at any diy hard ware has this wireing.

This one is covered with old sack and caly from the field and covered with a wire so the birds wont pick it, But for this you would have to have a few driles of spuds to make this worth your time in saveing them.

You can also pot a large bucket of spuds and and fill the top with some of caly from the garden so that they wont turn Green on you, and we cant have thet.

But DONT put the buchet out side as the rain will fill the bucket and spoil the hard work

Add in the 11/7/2008
Here is another picture I got from a Seasonal Gardening book that I got in Oxfam it has a clear picture as to what a potato storage lookes like.
In the box there is carrot being stored but you could use the same idea to store potato, turnips, beetroot, parsnips, to this would be four small amount but the box can be biger to fit the crop you have.

What do you think
Attached Images

benny26 is offline   Reply With Quote