View Single Post
Old Posted: 06-02-2009 , 11:32 AM #5
gillo

I would like to second what the 2 previous posters have said. I love browsing the site for stuff that I might not find anywhere else, and I think it's great when books are advertised singularly, as you can see at a glance if it's something you would read or not, whereas in secondhand bookshops/stalls you could spen an hour looking and find nothing you would be bothered with, the same with clothes and jewellery. Also, I too believe it's nice to have the chance to acquire an item no matter where in the country you are, if it was just in your own locality we might as well do what the Americans do, and leave it outside the front door, and knowing my luck the council would probably do me for littering! Some of us don't have a charity shop within our vicinity, so advertising stuff on here is much handier, as the taker collects or all I have to do is go to post office, whereas if I had to take to a charity shop I have to drive 12 miles, pay for parking and more often than not, bring back half the stuff I set off with as the "charities" have become so fussy and particular about what they will take. Long live JT as it is!
gillo is offline   Reply With Quote