View Single Post
Old Posted: 11-06-2008 , 08:39 PM #20
carissa

Default phone eating skip

hi unapam, thanks for cheering me up, i had such a laugh picturing you retrieving your fone,

Quote:
I think it is such a waste to see useful items in skips...and skips are not cheap to hire. When are the county councils going to start the German idea of nominating a Jumble Day for people to put these items out in front of their houses for everyone else to choose from. It works great and almost everything gets a new home. People love it and their is a party atmosphere as everyone goes around the neighbourhood "shopping"

I have raided many a skip in my day. But here is a cautionary tale about it...While raiding a local skip one evening I was delighted to come home with a treasure but then could not find my mobile phone. I had a bad feeling it has slipped out of my pocket and into said skip. So - says I to my long suffering husband "We'll take the dogs for a walk and when we are near the skip you ring my number"

Well, of course it worked fine as I could hear a cheerfull tune coming from the skip that had swallowed my phone. I was running around it looking for light from phone and managed to spot it right at the bottom of skip.

So I had to climb half in and poor hubby is holding on to me by the knees and the dogs started barking and out comes the house owners and worst of all -we knew them! We all had a good laugh and I got my phone back but now if I even cast a sidelong glance at a skip hubby locks the childproof doors and growls..."DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"
carissa is offline   Reply With Quote