View Single Post
Old Posted: 14-05-2012 , 12:51 PM #20
Jayne402010

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz38
hi there, i was in Aldi today, great ald spot for bargains, anyway saw COIR YARN in there today n it made me think of you, lol, it looks like rope but thinner,( but u could join it, plait it or something) ??? there was 2 x 30m(or 15m) lengths in a bag for 2.79 euro. was different types there in a basket too, with your imagination id say u could "create" a nice rope feature outta it. it was new but looked old, if u get me, best of luck n love the garden n all your great work, x margaret.

Oh Margaret...
I got that when I saw it advertised in Aldi previously and I did try to plait it, but it just looked terrible, although I have used some as a scratching post for the cats out there in the garden and it seems to be working, keeping them off the tunnel! (They are quite happy to just flop out inside it and enjoy the heat when I let them!)
Fair play, Yes it is exactly what I have in mind. I will persevere, it has to be the right stuff else I won't be happy!
They did have composters reduced in Aldi, Bunclody last week to €14.99, was too big to fit in my car so went up 2 days later with bigger car and they had gone :(
Apparently different Aldi stores have different reductions depending on what doesn't sell, so couldn't get one here in Enniscorthy, else I would of walked home with it for that price!
Am back to online geneaology research today whilst it pours down outside. Keep dry!!!
Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote