View Single Post
Old Posted: 27-10-2008 , 07:23 PM #2
Mickey

A couple of years ago I painted a the front and back view of a pumpkin (the front had a face on of course so that's how before anyone asks the inevitable :oP). I made this for my eldest when she was in first class. It went from under her chin to just below the knees. She obviously had to take it off to sit down or anything but it was a REALLY good looking pumpkin and it won prizes. I used the cardboard from the packaging for a cot we had just bought. To make it hang on her I used an old pillowcase (green, lonely and threadbare) and cut slits for the head and arms. I used glue (lots) to stick the boards to the pillowcase and then we had a perfectly servicable sandwich board - she hated it. But the teachers loved it and thought it worthy of the prize.

Had thoughts of doing the same recently for my youngest and painting a big tooth and giving her a crown to send her in as a tooth fairy - but she was having none of that. I thought it was a good idea and if I'm ever invited to a fancy dress then that's what I'll do :oD
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote