View Single Post
Old Posted: 14-06-2008 , 09:10 AM #21
ozieandros

Default Happy week-end everyone

Lukiira!

Yes it's got to be pretty hard for you settling in in a foreign country, and learning another language can't be that easy either. However your english is really good and little Molly will speak fluent english probably with a local accent too! The cross I made using twigs after a tree fell following a bad storm. We're still waiting to find a mulcher and put it to use but meanwhile ... I cut off twigs because the dogs and I all got suffered grazes while walking by. Tree's a blackthorn you see! Ouch! So I spent most of a day with a pair of garden clippers and cut, cut, cut! Mick used some of th twigs to light the fire and I kept some for my own use at some stage if I couldn't think what!

Got a shed on JT and I painted the inside white, then wondered what i could put in it. So the white beam you see is the front part of the shed and as I wondered what to do with a big length of recycled twine in my hand ... Thought I'd make a cross! Mick (My partner) watched me doing it wondering what i was doing then I went 'Woo-Hoo! What say you' And he told me he loved it because it was so simple and simply beautiful. So up it went!

I've kept stacks of dead branches (Thin ones) That will be used for fencing. We have old wooden poles that he will put on the wall and simply nail the branches (Cut to size) To it. It'll mean privacy and ... No more trees cut.

I know that none of us are going to ever change what went wrong but you see I'm thinking of my brand new grand-daughter Othilda and also little Molly and all our JT babies throughout Ireland! I want them to grow up to enjoy life with nature not cured (It's too late for that) But maybe healing! If we can all work together doing it then we'll have achieved something.

I love animals too and very much so but I am not a vegetarian. I eat meat maybe twice a week. I only eat organic meat just as I only eat free range eggs.

JT is a big community and to many of us it's turned into a family. So it's nice to see a new member of the family and another JT child!

Take care and have a lovely week-end.

Pam! Ozie is one of my dogs LOL (My Bobtail). I've had him since he was a baby. As for more ideas ... Well I'm not as artistic as you are but I do love to find things lying round and ask myself 'Wonder what i could do with these'. I was a Beaver Scout Leader for many years (Scotland) And I think that's how I got the bug abut doing things out of nothing! You couldn't teach children to love and respect nature unless you actually taught them an alternative,. So we had lots of craft days when we simply went for a walk in the wood or on the beach, picked things up and off we went! Made things out of them.

We also picked up rubbish on the beach! Imagine 24 screaming kids and one Racoon (LOL My name as BSL) picking up stuff you wouldn't believe. We found someone had dumped old tyres (A dozen of them) So brought them back, painted them and planted daffodil bulbs in them! Our little village looked ever so bright came spring time! We also made a collage using bits of carrier bag all stuck together on a board. My Beaver Scouts stuck drawings of fish on them and little notes from 'Aave our fish' To 'Dump your bad habits, not your plastic bags' Etc.

Covelay! Sending you PM for Monday! Kilk how's the shed now? Have a lovely week-end everyone!
ozieandros is offline   Reply With Quote