View Single Post
Old Posted: 05-01-2009 , 10:23 PM #11
betsy10112000

Default I'm such a meanie

Right a have a few tips or ways to save money, might not be great for some but work great for me :)

1: TESCO - as in their motto every little helps and it sure does - Tesco have a motto that if when you purchase something at the til and then realise on your receipt that you paid more than it said on the shelf or special offer sign(even 1c more) then they will refund you the full amount and give you the item/s free. eg if you go in tesco and see a bottle of wine,on the shelf it says 9.99 for this exact bottle so you buy it and then AFTER you have paid for it check your receipt and it says 10 euro for the wine,take it to customer services and you get a FULL refund AND the wine aswel :) happy days. tobe honest i use this alot.in the last 6 months i have got full refunds and the item free on the following items to name a few : A lexmark wireless printer (it was supposed to be 89.99),vacuum,beans,coffee,hot chocolate,soup,clothes,underwear,dvds,ps2 games,cds,perfume,toilet rolls,chicken fillets,ham,pork plus many many more

2:TESCO yet again (tesco's will ban me soon,lol)- clubcard points - if you dont already have a clubcard get one,also sign up for tesco wine club and babyclub and finest food club,yeah you might not drink or have a baby but some of the vouchers they send are great,i got the baby club vouchers through and there were general vouchers on them,spend 40 euro and save 5 euro or spend 20 euro and get 1000 clubcard points all these on the baby vouchers :)

3: TESCO When you get your tesco club card vouchers through dont spend them in tesco,they can be used for so much more.recently i went to the UK with my partner,2 kids and took the car aswel and all it cost me was 2 euro,yes 2 euro.how I did it - i had 4500 tesco point (most acheived with the free vouchers i got through in baby club statement and wine club and i dont drink),i saved it because there valid for 2 years,3 months later another 4000 points,equivalent to 85 euro to spend in tesco BUT i got 4 times that amount if i used them for stenna line so i had a total of 340 euro to spend at stenaline.it cost me 342 euro t take us all and car to UK - bargain :)

4: THE INTERNET Anything that i cant get free or cheap in tesco I buy on the internet. I can get flights all around the world for as little as 2 CENT return :) you can get a discount code for almost everything just search on any search engine for discount codes for whatever,say if you wat to buy flowers from interflora put in discount codes for interflora and hey presto.I recently sent a bunch of 40 red roses to my mother in law in england,i found discount codes and i sent - 40 red roses in a glass vase,teddy bear,chocolates and free delivery for wait for it - 6.99 euro.

i have many more trade secrets so keep checking, Im gonna try out some of the other money saving tips aswel,oh and i only have a regular bank account,no laser or visa card,no credit cards just a paypal account and thats all you need - costs nothing
:)