View Single Post
Old Posted: 16-07-2009 , 07:31 PM #14
JOG

Thank you all so much. This is the full story, and what happened next:

Two years ago, I had a Canon digital camera, which stopped working without reason. Took it to the repair shop where they said it would cost more to repair than to buy a new one. Had been happy with camera until then, so bought another Canon. When that broke last week, after a minor accident, you can see why I was not very happy. That's when I turned to my friends on Jumbletown.
I tried all suggestions, but sadly, nothing worked. Then I turned to fixya.com (many thanks Colmsmum). Tried all their suggestions but they didn't work either. Then I spotted a small link, which led me to investigate further. It turns out that the original camera was part of a faulty batch, all of which have been recalled. Luckily, the dead camera was still in a drawer, so I hauled it out, phoned Canon, and they have agreed to repair or replace that one free of charge. They also agreed to have a look at the newer one. So they both leave in the post tomorrow, and I am guaranteed that at least one will be returned in working order, for free!
What can I say????
Isn't the Internet (and especially Jumbletown)a wonderful place!!
JOG is offline   Reply With Quote