Thread: wanted section
View Single Post
Old Posted: 15-01-2008 , 12:29 AM #5
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecurlygirl
I always check the wanted section at some stage during my visit. If I have something to offer I'll contact the individual but if I see something elsewhere I notify the poster too. I have never had anyone mail me back with two very simple words "thank you". I'm sure I sound like an old biddy here but I'm only 37 and my mam, god rest her soul, taught me to have manners. It's not a huge weight to carry. I have posted on the wanted section before and have had notifications from other jumbletowners pointing me in the direction of what I was after. Whether it was any good to me or not I have ALWAYS mailed them to say thank you for their help and concern. I don't think too many people read the wanted items and maybe it would be an idea for admin to place a banner reminding people to read that section if they're looking to get rid of stuff. Or if someone is posting stuff to offer maybe a pop up box saying something like "have you checked the wanted section yet? maybe someone is desperately looking for this right now!" I don't think that would be so hard to do.

Hi bluecurlygirl,

I'm a bit surprised that you have never received a "thank you" from JumbleTowners you have notified of posts that may be of interest to them -- it's the least you deserve for your thoughtful gesture.

I guess it's time to remind (some) people of one of the main posts at the top of the Support Forum, namely the one about the site's etiquette. Please see here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

I'll pass on your suggestions to the managers of JumbleTown, but as I say in my post above, the Wanted forum was never intended to be a major feature of the site.

Thanks for the feedback, and also thanks for considering Members who've posted in the Wanted forum.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote