Thread: wanted section
View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-01-2008 , 01:26 AM #9
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyshero
Hi folks, I'm a nubie so maybe you'll think it's a bit rude of me to say but.......I have taken a look through the wanted items and feel that there are one or two people in particular that only ever seem to want things (and have many many posts!)....perhaps this is why people stay away from the wanted section which is a tad dishearting as it is handy service to have!
Hi kellyshero,

There is no limit on the number of items that a Member can request; whether or not they receive them is up to the Givers, some of whom go through the Wanted forum looking for a potential Taker for their item before posting it in the Givers' forums.

Also, neither Admin nor Members are in a position to judge the need or otherwise or any Member of the site. As I keep saying, JumbleTown is not a charity site -- a Giver's motivation for using the site should be that they wish to clear up space in their home/workplace and do so in an environmentally-friendly way, viz., life-cycling/re-use. If they have charitable intentions, they should get in touch with a charity of their choice. The relationship between Givers and Takers should always be that they are doing each other a favour by engaging in the Giving and Taking process. Having said that, the generosity of many Givers is astounding. Long may Givers give, and Takers take! The ultimate winner is the environment.

Welcome to JumbleTown, kellyshero, and thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote