View Single Post
Old Posted: 24-01-2010 , 08:05 PM #1
filo

Default Flies - this time of year????

Hi again,

Hope your imagination is working...

I live in an apartment over a shop. In my son's room I have 2 bay windows that look over a bacolony and lower down a garden so I’d be three storeys high. In my room I look down on to the pavement.

A couple of months ago at about half ten at night I opened my bedroom window and to my horror bluebottles flew in. They were living in between the frames of the window and the window you open. Armed with the fly spray I attacked. I counted 32 dead bluebottles. I checked all the windows and found some living in the frame in my son's window. I now open the windows every day to make sure they are not living there.

Since then I’ve had a few flies - not bluebottles in the bathroom. Over the bath there is a very high window that doesn’t open. Maybe once a week I would see a fly and spray the bathroom with the spray. The next day on average I would find two or three dead flies.

Then I got a leak in my sons room. The builder had to cut a piece out of the ceiling to see where its coming from. The hole was left uncovered. A while later I noticed 2 flies in the room so I attacked again and left the room door closed. When I went back in that night I found 27 dead flies and all I could think was they were coming in the hole so I covered the hole but cant be sure as they could be coming in the vent?. There is a little flat roof where the hole is.

So have I an infestation???

I’ve had a look around - no rotten food, the shops bins are nowhere near the windows.

I don’t want to keep using the spray as its only a temp solution so any ideas?

Karen
filo is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links