View Single Post
Old Posted: 27-04-2009 , 12:14 PM #19
bluecurlygirl

My son's cot was bought second hand with the mattress and when he finished with it I handed it on to someone who had gotten rid of all hers years previous (thought she was finished!) and it did the rounds after that too. My daughters cot was also second hand with the mattress. Her moses basket had been slept in by two of her cousins and after she finished with it another cousin slept in it. Her cot has been given (with mattress) to a neighbour whose grandson comes to stay now and again. I really think that they don't know for sure what causes SID so they'll blame everything that comes in close contact with the child. Hope they don't suggest that us mothers should be disposed of too as the kids got sick on me numerous times. I did of course wash but who knows - maybe there's microscopic traces left in the furrows on my brow or something!! Not making a laugh of the issue. It is serious and a neighbour of mine had a child died from SIDS. I'll never forget it. But banning cot mattresses on jumbletown? They'd make lovely window seat pads guys.

P.S. All the aforementioned children are alive and well and healthy thus far.
bluecurlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote