View Single Post
Old Posted: 30-04-2012 , 10:02 AM #1
Jayne402010

Default Recycled Garden!

Hi there! Just thought Id share my pics of before and after in my garden, which was until February destroyed by my sons doberman. It broke my heart to watch it become more and more of a mess but once I had decided to re home her for him then I started to plan a new design for my space outside! (Btw the doberman was re homed thru a trusted charity called homeward bound, we even drove to shannon from wexford to ensure she was handed over safely!) I took down what 6ft fences hadnt been blown down with the awful winds we had. I disassembled them and bought myself my first very own saw and got to work, sawing the slats in half and made fences. At least these won't fall down! Then I had to repair the arch which had rotted but was the only part of my original garden that was left, so the local sawmill and a €20 note sorted this out! I got decking really cheap after ringing around, it was February, the weather was crap and all places I spoke to said it was too early, but eventually I got a fantastic deal of last years decking stock which was left in the store in Wexford. Delighted I was too as he gave me a few left overs he had and they were the real thick timbers too! It pays to buy out of season! My brother came and laid it down with my nephew. I saved money by buying 8ft rough timber posts and sawing in half to use as posts and my son spent his weekend off work boring in holes for me! I am still trying to find rope to go thru these, somebody suggested a walk on the beach to locate it! I have yet to get there! But soon.... I will make it!
My friend was really generous and she gave me loads of logs which I varnished and used as edging for flower beds. Do you follow so far?.....!
Attached Images

Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links