Thread: Posts Missing
View Single Post
Old Posted: 17-06-2008 , 01:44 PM #17
Chris P
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono
Thanks for the reply Chris but I've seen ads where the item has been 'taken' for quite awhile and its still live for quite a long time. Another question, if you reply on public forum and then send PM's and receive PM's back, does that qualify as activity on the ad. As I said I'm relatively new to this and dont understand all the ins and outs of the site,

Thanks again,

Nono

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Chris but I've seen ads where the item has been 'taken' for quite awhile and its still live for quite a long time.
First of all, it is a Member's responsibility to update his/her ads; it is Admin's role to update only when the Member forgets or is unable because they are unfamiliar with the site or their responsibilities.

At the moment, Taken ads are manually "pruned" from the top of the listings by Admin; therefore, it is not humanly possible to have all of these ads archived when they should be but we get round to them eventually.

Quote:
Another question, if you reply on public forum and then send PM's and receive PM's back, does that qualify as activity on the ad.
PMs and public posts on an ad/thread constitute "activity." PMs, however, are not added to a Member's "Number of Posts." Most Givers accept PMs and public posts as requests; some Members, however, ask potential Takers only to post on the Public Forum.

Quote:
As I said I'm relatively new to this and dont understand all the ins and outs of the site.
The "User Tips" post at the top of each of the Givers' forums should prove helpful. Also, make sure to check out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section, the button for which can be found on the blue bar beneath the log-in area.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote