View Single Post
Old Posted: 22-01-2011 , 10:23 PM #1
blue eyes

Default revamped chaise longue

This is a lovely piece i got from a very kind jumble towner a few months ago for my sister who always wanted one. The lady who gave it to me had stripped it down with the intention of doing it up herself but then didnt have the time. She gave me a bag with the buttons loads of rope edging and loads of little tacks or nails that she had taken out of it when she stripped the old material off. Iv never done anything like this before but like painting and have made cushion covers and pillow cases so i said id give it a go.
First i sanded it as best i could. Then painted it with magnolia paint i had left over from painting the house. It took 4 coats of paint to get it looking right.It was originally dark brown. Then i tried to put all the pieces of foam back where i thought they shud go.It was a bit like a jigsaw puzzle. Then i cut out some material and thought i could staple it to the wood but the wood was too hard and staples wouldnt go in so i had to use loads of the little tacks.
Next i covered the buttons.This was a tricky little job but got there in the end. Then after attaching the buttons i covered round the back of chaise longue. I still have to try cover the rope edging and put it on but havnt the time at the moment but will get there. My sister was thrilled with the end result just in time for christmas.Have to say im proud of myself its not perfect but not bad for first go at sumthing like this. Hope ye like it.
Attached Images

blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links