View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-04-2013 , 07:36 AM #9
Pacman

Default Try it yourselves!

Thanks for all the comments. These were just to encourage others to try these things. The telephone table above was fairly easy - it was just a thing of painting and then putting on the upholstery straight (keeping in mind the pattern and "measure twice, cut once policy).

The poof was a bit more tricky but very doable if you can use a sewing machine and have large needles and a staple gun. For anyone in Dublin, Kevin at East Wall Market is a wonderful place for material - €3 a meter: you can't beat that!!! Makes attempting these things affordable and no big loss if it doesn't work out.

Leo, I used Woodies pure brilliant white for wood and metal undercoat, and Woodies satinwood soft sand for interior wood and metal. I wanted that 'antique cream' kind of colour. I spoke with a very helpful guy there earlier in the week (a bit of a rarity in Woodies), who told me that you can now download an app and it will colour match and then they make it from that. I think that is Dulex. Also, he gave me a colour card and said if I picked a colour, that they could match it and make it up. It worked out cheaper than buying the colour ready made on the shelf - which I did the last time! Useful advise.

Hoping to start a new piece today :-)
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote