View Single Post
Old Posted: 16-10-2009 , 07:28 PM #173
dee1

Default money saving tips

we're a household on disability for years, and i'd like to share a few more tips if i may,over the summer period when the fires do or dont get lit, we continue to buy the weekly fuel,and store it for winter, glad for in now with the way things are;we get the smokeless coal nuggets ,it gives off great heat. seed is there in the morning,throw a few lumps on every so often and have constant hot water,havent used the imersion in years,told a neighbour this year they tried it and said it saved on their bill too.;
Every week i buy toiletrolls wheather their needed or not.we buy the mouthwash for 69c everything thats used on daily or weekly basis gets bought regardless, even if its not need'ed then that way, when there is a bad week or at xmas etc..the bit of extra cash comes in handy.
We also have an electric cooker,perfect working oven but rings burned out, but also had a 2ring gas table top origionaly bought for when there might be a esb cut,since last xmas we are on our 2nd gas bottle,will need a new one for xmas,so there you go. lots more tips to post if anyone wants to check in from time to time, but i've to browse the other jumbletown sites.....I'm new to the computer and it takes me ages to figure out what to do but i'm a bit green and i cant work out the bumping bit..i know it tells me how but i still dont get it.so i keep logging in and out most of the evening..sorry sorry sorry i got side tracked....bye for now.......