View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-10-2009 , 09:52 PM #28
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrabble
A great website to try is Twopeasinabucket.com. Its an American site and its mostly scrapbook pages people make and upload but if you search "Altered art" there are some great ideas for you to copy. It might even start you on a new hobby.
If you have children you could make a small scrapbook for the grandparents and if the children are old enough they can add their own drawings or handprints to it.
If you are new to crafting some shops have kits with everything included to make it easier for you, eg.glass painting.This could be small candle holders and then you could progress to a large glass vase.

Cross stitching is a great and easy craft to do. You can also buy small kits of these and turn them into anything, eg. keyrings, bookcover, sew onto a cushion. If you google cross stitching you would be amazed at the amount of gifts you can make.
I made these little monsters for two of my "little monsters". I put them in a small frame and they loved them.

I have just started my first cross stitch and must agree it is very easy and satisfying to do. Inspiring Ideas in Blanchardstown has small starter kits for 3.50 including everything you need to complete the project.
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote