View Single Post
Old Posted: 19-10-2009 , 10:05 PM #29
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlady
Hiya, I have made collages from photos, funny ones go down well. also made photo stories on dvd for my kids after their dad died. its something they treasure, makes them laugh, and cry everytime they look at them. all the info is online. at the moment im making patchwork pressies for xmas. just an idea.

That's a lovely idea. I made a cushion from my late dad's ties for my mam. He was tie mad and had a huge collection of them.
I used a ready made cushion cover, laid the ties side by side. I had to cut the narrow end of them off and turn under. Then it was just a matter of stitching them in place.

I also have his very old wooden folding carpenter's rule and I bought a shadow box frame to make a vignette with it. I will include some nails screws and wood shavings. Below is a pic of the wooden rule and the shadow box. I will have to remove the flowers from it and cut out the bars across. I will of course be reusing the flowers in some other project. This will be a present for my mam this Christmas. Will post a pic when done.

I also made a photo jar for his grave. A large jar with a favourite photo of him inside along with some plastic/fabric mistletoe and white roses (he died at Christmas) and sealed it up with silicone to keep the rain out. I must take a pic of it to show how easy it is to do.
Attached Images

unapam is offline   Reply With Quote