View Single Post
Old Posted: 06-06-2009 , 03:38 PM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate44
with the elections on this week it got me thinking i wonder is their any local councellors or local celebrities on jumbletown.
Gerry Ryan often advertises jt i wonder has he ever logged on.
Prudence magazine are always advertising jt i wonder if any of the people associated with them ever log on.

I know your probably saying who cares and do you know something your probably right.

Just a thought [i know my mind is mad]

But anyway leave a comment and name a celebrity and say what you think their username wud be.eg Pat Short username = the comedian. [so obivious right]

k44
Hi kate44,

I've no idea if we have any celebrities on JumbleTown. A Member's User Name allows them to carry out their business with a degree of privacy, and this we feel ought to be respected. We're not really interested in "outing" any celebrity or famous person who proves their green credentials and does their bit for the environment by Giving and Taking ("life-cycling") items on little ol' JT. As I said, a Member's anonymity and privacy have to be respected.

However, as far as Admin is concerned, all of our Members are stars in their own right. Some, like Eily and Unapam have featured in articles about JumbleTown in House and Home magazine and in the national press.

When we were just starting out back in 2006, Gerry Ryan very kindly gave us a few minutes on his show, as did Avril Hoare on RTE's “Newsbeat.” In general, the national media, and radio stations especially, have looked very favourably on JumbleTown's work. We wouldn't be where we are today without their help.

Prudence magazine and House and Home magazine have been great supporters of JumbleTown since our inception. We advertise in the former a few times a year, and the website of the latter carries a JumbleTown ad.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote